I was pretty excited about this project because of the collaboration of other people and their ideas. Multimedia is not just for one person it is for everyone and I was glad that I go to share my project with others. I chose to do my project based on the idea I had of whether we are judged solely by the clothes that we wear. If we choose to wear expensive name brands and labels does that give people an impression about who we are? If someone is wearing a pair of hiking boots and a mountainhardwear jacket does that mean that they are an outdoor enthusiast?
I posted a note on my Facebook page asking all of my friends to take pictures of themselves from the neck down and email the pictures to me with a list of the brand names of whatever items they are wearing. As I recieved the emails I posted them to the blog I made for the project titled You Are What You Wear?. I asked everyone who had participated to go to the blog and write a few sentences about what they think a day for that person would entail. I did get some responses that fit what I asked but i also got personality assumptions aw well and that was fine too. I liked the randomness of the responses and how they differed from the peoples real personalities and sometimes hit the nail on the head. The project gave people a chance to say things about others that they would not want to say in person or out loud. If they did recognize the person they were commenting on it gave them a chance to say what they always may have thought but not said.
All and all I was pleased with the participation I recieved. I would have liked to have seen more people make comment but I may still recieve comments even after the project is finished. Here is the link to my project blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment