Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Response 4



I chose the poem Explosion At Winco No.9 because it is a poem with alot of emotion in it. There are pauses that when read aloud and change the effect of the voice and time. The poem through the eyes of a coal camp widow, can be read with strength and with weakness at different points. I heard the author,Diana Gilliam Fisher,read this poem and after hearing her read it the poem took on a whole new feel to me.
The music I chose to play in the background was to emphasize the overall feeling of the poem. The song Wayfaring Stranger by Butch Baldassari and David Schnaufer is a dulcimer and mandolin piece that would be played in a coal camp of that period. I wanted to pauses in the voice and pitches in the music to work together to compose the overall feeling of the piece.

No comments: