Tuesday, November 11, 2008

project 4 so far

I have created a blog and the link is posted below. The blog is called You Are What You Wear? and I am having people take pictures of themselves and sending them to me and then I post the pictures to the blog and the people can come to the blog and comment on the pictures. The pictures are from the neck down so no ones identities are compromised. I have asked them to write a few lines about what they think a typical day for that person would be like judging solely on their clothes. I ask them to be as serious or as silly as they want. If anyone from class would like to participate my email is mvassar2@mix and i will post your pic and you can comment on the other pictures from the blog which is linked below.

3 comments:

Genevieve's Links: said...

I really love your project, it brought a smile to my face that I have not had in a few weeks. The project from my point of view does meet all requirements. The only thing I can see you doing is adding more pictures. Even if you do not have pictures of the lower body shot, just cropped them from random photo's on face book.

Anonymous said...

so far i really like your idea. i think its a fun way to get your friends to admit to being trendy as you said. However, is there anyway to save this if no one contributes? I noticed you've already got 6 photos which is great, but no comments yet. Maybe you'll have to light a bit of a fire under your friends to describe themselves and also ask those some ones whom you're photographing to also comment on others as part of the volunteer work ;-) You're satisfying the multimedia and collaborative aspects. I really like it, i think its going to work out great

Sandy Baldwin said...

This is great! Yes, it's funny and mundane, but also really shows something about people. Odd to think of people as nothing but their clothes, but it's a major part of the appearance. I suppose you could think of categories of person or patterns you see, but also just let it be as a kind of archive?