Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Project One Ideas

For my first project I have tossed around ideas about maybe doing a concrete poem or write a poem and have images that follow the poem. I think I am leaning more towards writing a poem and having related images compliment each line of the poem. This way the reader is following the poem not only through words but also images like a story board. I will use a poem that has alot of imagery in the writing. I have also thought about adding video in place of some of the images that will accompany the poem. Hopefully that will add a more interactive element to the project. The vibrant colors of the images should add depth to the piece and give emphasis to the writing. Using the right images will be just as important as the writing itself for it to be a successful piece.

2 comments:

John Thrasher said...

I really like your image that you have used above...with the moose. I like how the fork is going through the O's in the word "moose" and it sort of makes some sort of weird face. Do you see what I mean?

Having gone to Canada this summer for the first time, and making a few very good friends there, I have a particular affinity for this poem!

I really like your idea of using video. I like to use video in any way possible. Some people find poetry, words, images, or other things to use as their way of expressing things, but I find that video is very interactive and forces a response that none of the other mediums really can.

Some people were having issues uploading video to Blogger, but I have done it successfully so if you have any questions about uploading let me know...since I sit right next to you. :)

Sandy Baldwin said...

Megan: Sounds like a good start. Write a poem - doesn't need to be long - and then think about images to work in / juxtapose with the words. You use the example of a storyboard; you might also think of a rebus. The poem doesn't need to be long. The point is more to think through the text-image relation. Video would be great, of course, but not necessary. But do think about color. And then use your reflective text to talk about the choices - not just what choices you made but how they add to the meaning of the text, how they images and text interact, how the reader participates, etc.