Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Response 6

Different name brand appareal and accesories people on campus wear.

The North Face
UGG
Columbia
American Eagle
Mountain Hardwear
Nike
Abercrombie and Fitch
Adidas
Hurley
Under Armour
Carhartt
Puma
Champion
Polo
Lacoste
L.L.Bean
Timberland
Cabelas

For project four I could ask people to make their own lists of brands that they see and see how the lists differ and what the most common names are. I can ask them to respond to how they view a person depending on the brands they are wearing. Is what we wear, what defines us? Do we stereotype on appearances, do we group people that way?

2 comments:

John Thrasher said...

1) 2 more brands would be: Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein.

2) I don't know if you have Facebook but maybe making a note on Facebook and tagging everyone you know in it would get you the most results. I think the more people you get incorporated in to this project the more interesting it is going to be.

3) Megan I really really really like your idea. I think about this type of thing all the time. If I am wearing an American Eagle shirt are people going to put me in to a certain stereotype? I think you have a great idea. Just a side note, Adidas is spelled with one D :)

Nina said...

Anne Klein
Rip
I like this list. I notice brand names sticking out all over the place. I think it's funny when there's a really basic peice of clothing like a t-shirt, and it's plastered with a designer name. The list could be go on as a multimedia project with people putting the brand of their favorite piece of clothing.